|Call Back Verification v1.4
CBV, or Call Back Verification is a must-have for sysops concerned about security of their bulletin board system. Call Back Verification works by hanging up on a remote caller and calls them back at the number specified as their data line - thus verifying the phone number and in most cases, the caller.
Requires DOS 3.23+ or Windows, 120KB RAM, 200KB disk space, bulletin board system software, modem and FOSSIL driver.
- Ability to work with ANY BBS software product.
- Duplicate and bad phone number checking with option to automatically validate duplicate phone numbers.
- Support to allow users to enter different phone number for callback. Sysop configurable.
- Complete sysop logging.
- Built-in support for multiple local area codes.
- Completely external display files for sysop customization.
- Dialing methods which allow you to configure how CBV should dial specific numbers to access dialing plans, dial area codes in special ways, dial outside lines on certain numbers, etc.
- Random codeword generation instructs CBV to pick a random code for the user and then asks for it upon successfull callback. Can be used in place of the password checking feature.
- Support for RemoteAccess BBS software's new text-password option.
- FOSSIL specific support.
- Added security settings for subscription days, group numbers, credit values and calls per day.
- Smart long distance callback. If users number(s) are determined to be long distance and long distance callbacks aren't allowed, CBV will notify the user and abort.
- Direct support for WWIV BBS, RemoteAccess, PowerBBS, and TriBBS is already available as well as any BBS software that utilizes EXITINFO.BBS info file, or read-back of the standard DOOR.SYS dropfile.
- Split-screen, sysop to player chat mode
- Much more.